Re: Release statusus

On Sun, Oct 05, 2003 at 01:01:54PM +0200, Neo wrote:
> 	As I understand your answer, sid is the exception, ie.
> always equivalent to unstable, just the content changes.

Yes (although I don't understand why you qualified that with "just the
content changes").

> If so, when?

Unstable is changed daily as and when developers decide to upload
packages.

> And more importantly, when does the content of the current
> sid/unstable move over to stable and under what name?

Unstable packages propagate gradually into testing as described in
http://www.debian.org/devel/testing/. Every so often, we move the whole
of testing to stable, call that a new release, and create a new testing
under a new codename. After that, stable is only changed to fix critical
problems (security fixes and maybe a few other things).

Releases are announced on the debian-announce mailing list; the last was
in July 2002.

Cheers,