Kernel 2.6: Using an USB mouse and an touchpad at the same time

Hi

I have kernel version 2.6-test6 installed on my Dell Inspiron 5150. I can
access my USB mouse via /dev/input/mice and my touchpad via the event device
and a special Xfree86 driver for the touchpad.

I'm wondering if some of u guys have managed to get the touchpad and the USB
mouse working at the same time. Im thinking of a situation like in Win32
systems where i can move the cursor with the mouse and the touchpad at the
same time. Its annoying to restart X server with another config only because
i plugged or unplugegd my USB mouse. The difficoulty is deffinitly that we
are talking about more than one interface (mice and eventX).

In kernel 2.6 all devices were mapped through the standart ps2 device /dev/
psaux. This old fashioned interface is no more present in the new kernel.
Every input is now managed via HID.

Any solutions/suggestions?

cheers,
Raffaele