Re: frustration building, please help(was: does debian xfree support my video?)

skippi wrote:
===== Original Message From Travis Crump <pretzalz@techhouse.org> =====
skippi wrote:

Thank you in advance for any and all assitance. Oh, and for those of you

just

joining in, I'm trying to build, or install, XFree v4.3. I have the files

build it, also the deb files to install it, but I can't upgrade as the
packages are kept back. I would surmise they require the same dependencies

as

I need to build it.

Adrian

If you just want XFree 4.3 than check out one of the sources listed at
http://www.apt-get.org/search.php?query=xfree&submit=&arch%5B%5D=i386&arch%5B

%5D=all

I already have the deb file, I can't install it until I meet the dependencies.
I can't do that until the computer figures out the things it wants are already installed.

Adrian

What do you mean 'you already have the deb file', which deb file? The sources pointed out in your previous thread won't work with Woody, you have to use an archive designed for Woody in order to avoid dependency problems.