Re: antispam, sylpheed?

Alfredo Valles wrote:

> On Sat, 4 Oct 2003 16:40:46 -0300
> klaus imgrund <claus.imgrund@terra.com.br> wrote:
>
> > On Saturday 04 October 2003 15:58, Alfredo Valles wrote:
> > > Looking for the easiest solution for the spam problem for people like me
> > that
> > > don't have access to the mail server I saw the sylpheed-claws mail client
> > > that have a plug-in for spamassassin and other to use one antivirus.
> > > Have someone tried it?
> > >

> > Didn't work for me
>
> Why it didn't work if I may ask?
>
> > but you can use Spamassassin also with kmail and evolution.
> > Just make a filter to pipe the mail thru spamassassin and have it marked by it
> > to sort it out with another filter.
>
> I don't have a clue about how to make a filter rule that make a pipe or mark mail.
> Can you tell me briefly how you do that?
>
> I must say that I'm beginning to like sylpheed. (There must be something wrong with me ;-) )
> I would only like to change the fonts used to display the received mail subjects but I can't find this option in the configuration.
> May be have something to do with the gnome config?

Hello,

Sylpheed-claws is a great client.
Just be aware that it is on the edge compared to sylpheed vanilla.
So, before you start playing around with plug-ins, it may pay to turn off spell-check (experimental) in your settings, as I have
experienced problems with it.
Just to eliminate confusion with any problems you may experience with the plug-ins.
Regards,

David.