Re: antispam, sylpheed?

On Saturday 04 October 2003 17:29, Alfredo Valles wrote:
> On Sat, 4 Oct 2003 16:40:46 -0300
> klaus imgrund <claus.imgrund@terra.com.br> wrote:
>
> > On Saturday 04 October 2003 15:58, Alfredo Valles wrote:
> > > Looking for the easiest solution for the spam problem for people like me
> > that
> > > don't have access to the mail server I saw the sylpheed-claws mail
client
> > > that have a plug-in for spamassassin and other to use one antivirus.
> > > Have someone tried it?
> > >

> > Didn't work for me
>
> Why it didn't work if I may ask?

I didn't reeaally try hard.Just installed it and the it gave me some crap.

> > but you can use Spamassassin also with kmail and evolution.
> > Just make a filter to pipe the mail thru spamassassin and have it marked
by it
> > to sort it out with another filter.
>
> I don't have a clue about how to make a filter rule that make a pipe or mark
mail.
> Can you tell me briefly how you do that?

You make a filter rule like size is less than 20kb or any other value that
seems ok to you and tell to pipe it thru spamassassin.Then you configure
spamassassin to mark the mail with a string you like lets say'cvgty' and make
a second rule that moves emails that have 'cvgty' in the subject gets
delivered into the spam folder.
The spamassassin configurator at:
http://www.yrex.com/spam/spamconfig.php
comes in pretty handy,too

> I must say that I'm beginning to like sylpheed. (There must be something
wrong with me ;-) )
> I would only like to change the fonts used to display the received mail
subjects but I can't find this option in the configuration.
> May be have something to do with the gnome config?

I did use sylpheed for a long time,too.

Klaus