Re: high load but no cpu usage

On Sat, 2003-10-04 at 19:44, Rus Foster wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I seem to have a strange problem. I have a server which is showing a
> > load average of around 1 but cpu usage of 0.6% over two cpus.
>
> This would imply I/O wait for me. What sort of disks does it have?

Thats what I thought but this same machine has handles twice the load at
just 0.16 load average. Also, its running off 2 scsi disks which are
mirrored.

> Run vmstat 1 for a few minutes and post it here

I have attached the output of vmstat. The load average of the machine
was around 1 throughout. Please let me know if you want me to add a
longer vmstat run.

Best wishes,

Shri

Shri Shrikumar       U R Byte Solutions           Tel:   0845 644 4745
I.T. Consultant	     Edinburgh, Scotland          Mob:   0773 980 3499
                     Web: www.urbyte.com          Email: shri@urbyte.com