Re: Virus-infected hosts list

In linux.debian.user,
Paul Johnson <baloo@ursine.ca> wrote:
>  I've started a virus infected hosts list that is net-lsearchable.
>  It's available at http://ursine.ca/~baloo/ and is updated when I get
>  more virus infected email or requests for removal.  If I get a lot of
>  interest, I might make an RBL out of it.

You realize of course that probably 60-70% are dynamic IPs. For example:

212.216.176.206 212.216.176.221 212.216.176.222 212.216.176.223
212.216.176.224 212.227.126.251

Are probably one or two people.  My ISP usually increments the last
number of my IP by one if I disconnect and reconnect.  It's some poor
sap, that can't understand why his connection is so fscking slow, and
thinks if he disconnects and reconnects he'll get a better connection.

Tommorrow someone else will be assigned those same IPs and you'll be
blocking them even if they were never vulnerable to begin with.

Michael C.
--
mcsuper5@usol.com http://mcsuper5.freeshell.org/