Re: install Apache problem under Debian 3.0 r1

tao lin wrote:
Hi, all

I am a newbie of Linux. Now I am using Debian 3.0 r1. When I try to use
tasksel, and select web server to install, it return the follow error -
that package should be filed.

  analog: Depends: libgd1 (>= 1.8.4-11) but it is not going to be installed
or
                   libgd1-noxpm (>= 1.8.4-11) but it is not installable
          Depends: perl but it is not going to be installed
E: Sorry, broken packages

I have already use apt-get update to update my Debian. Why I have so many
Package Dependency problem? Can any one help me to solve these problems
please?

What sources are you using in /etc/apt/sources.list?

I ask because libgd1 1.8.4-17.woody2 and libgd1-noxpm 1.8.4-17.woody2 should be available to you.

Did the apt-get update (or dselect Update) fail?

Are you choosing to not run dselect after tasksel? Ilve never tried doing that so don't know how it works or doesn't work. Try running dselect with Update, Select and Install.

--
Jacob