Re: xwindows

steef wrote:
.........hey out there,

can somebody tell me how come:

- installing woody_kernelvariant bf2.4; taskel does not give the possibility to install Xwindows a f t e r having installed debian security packages. so apt cannot get the Xwindowspackages from the (ftp) server.

when i install woody, bf24 w i t h o u t security packages all goes well:, normal.

does somebody has an idea what causes this blockade?

[tried this out on three completely different machines with vanilla && as well with the same results as for bf24]

Hopefully somone comes back with a good answer soon. Until then, I just wanted to confirm that I have installed woody on a number of machines initially using the bf2.4 kernel and installed the xserver-xfree86 package.

Are you installing using another kernel package, then selecting the vf2.4 and xserver-?

Have you tried installing from a base-install source that has the bf2.4 kernel?

What xserver package are you trying to install? xserver-xfree86?

What server are you using for your local debian mirror? http://ftp.nl.debian.org/ ?

--
Jacob