RH to Debian conversion help

Greetings:

Can someone familiar with debian and Redhat help me wth these
configuration questions?:

As one familiar with RH knows, Redhat has may of it's configuration
files located in /etc/sysconfig.  That favor is gone with debian,
which is fine, I just need to figure out where everything went.
Before I spend hours tracking these down, I hoped someone already knew
and could tell me where the configs are for these items normally used
in RH's /etc/sysconfig/xxx?:

1. authconfig - used to turn on/off MD5 passwords

2. hwconf - shows what hardware is in place

3. init - toggle boot/shotdown text style (color or not)

4. syslog - syslog configuration including syslogd options

I think I found the rest I need.

Thanks as always very much for the time to help.

Cheers,
Scott