Re: Help, OSX vs Linux

Quoting Dan Anderson <dan@mathjunkies.com>:

> 	Well, from the perspective of a boss I'd say it's not about you.
> You're being paid to pull your hair out, so if the gains in productivity
> from Apple hardware and OS are worth more then the cost and your salary,
> your boss is probably not going to go for Debian.  Not wanting to
> trouble yourself is /NOT/ a good reason to pick Debian.

This is exactly my point.
I'd be happy to put an Apple solution in, if it were a better server.
but for the needs of my employer, I believe that the Linux solution is the way
to go. However, I get outnumbered by staff saying, "we need to go OS X",
and I'm trying to ask "Why?".
We've got a Linux solution right here in front of us.
"but we can't get groups with Linux!".
So, I guess I need to explain that without groups, we still have a better
solution with Linux servers than with an OSX server.
(my personal opinion is that groups aren't even needed) but thats irrevelant.
but, if groups are more important than security, money, administration time,
etc.
Then I guess OSX it is.

Cheers,
Mike