Re: pppd daemon

Hello

J Y (<jhy@x-mail.net>) wrote:

> The connection seems to be working now but I can't get any internet
> applications to "see" the connection.

Try if you can ping ip addresses. Try to open http://192.25.206.10 (that
is www.debian.org). If it works, that only your DNS is not configured
properly. Did you already try the "usepeerdns" option as it was
proposed?

> When I tried to open konqueror from the terminal I got this response (
> note I was root at terminal) :
> deblnx:/home/john# konqueror
> Xlib: Client is not authorized to connect to Server
> konqueror: cannot connect to X server :0.0
> deblnx:/home/john#

That is because Debian disables by default access of other users to your
X session. This has nothing to do with your connection problem. As you
use KDE, call "kdesu konqueror" to start Konqueror with root
permissions.

best regards
        Andreas Janssen

--