Joystick devices in 2.6.0-test4

I found a strange thing in kernel 2.6.0-test4. The joystick devices that
should be /dev/input/js* are directly in /dev (so I have /dev/js*). I have
enabled the joystick interface (INPUT_JOYDEV) which says in the help it would
create the devices in /dev/input. And yes, I am using devfs. Right now it's
only a minor annoyance, but I'd still like to know what's going on.

So my question is: is anyone else here experiencing that "problem"? Is there
anything other that devfsd hacks to restore "proper" naming? Or is it
intended behaviour on the way to a "pure" input/event* interface?

--
Got Backup?