Re: Anyone else notice that Swen is slowing down?

On Fri, 2003-10-03 at 13:18, John Hasler wrote:
> I wrote:
> > Unless the admins were sensible and had mounted /home noexec on
> > all company machines.
>
> csj writes:
> > What about "sh ${HOME}/script"?
>
> Secretaries, CEOs, and other "vulnerable" users won't know about such
> things.  Noexec isn't foolproof.  It just reduces the probability of some
> marketdroid running an attachment because it promises a view of a tennis
> star's butt.

But does it *really* matter?  Evolution, KMail, Sylpheed, etc. just
don't *let*you* run attachments.

Ron Johnson, Jr. ron.l.johnson@cox.net
Jefferson, LA USA

"Our computers and their computers are the same color. The
conversion should be no problem!"
Unknown