Re: Recommendations for donated machines

> Kevin Mark <kmark@pipeline.com> [2003-10-02 21:47]:
>

> Hello D-u's,
> I need a recommendation for some donated machines. Here are the specs:
> P I/75 32MB 2GB
> (may upgrade memory to 64/96MB)
> (also may try cpu upgrade.)
> Which version of Debian (or possibly Slackware) would work?
> Kernel 2.2 or 2.4, X 4 or 3, Abiword, gnumeric or OO? KDE, Gnome, XFCE or ?
> Or anything that would help get the most out of this setup.
> Much appreciated.
> -Kevin

if affordable, I would add as much memory as possible.  I myself, I
make use of similar boxes for

- scanning pictures
- file server
- web server
  with several virtual domains and virtual customers
- DNS server
- Mail server
  with several virtual domains and virtual customers and web-interface
- local debian mirror
  etc.

running Debian sid, of course.  However, do not expect to much.  For
my daily work (my user box), I decided to work on a rather new
laptop.

wbr,
Lukas
--
Lukas Ruf           | Wanna know anything about raw |
<http://www.lpr.ch> | IP?  <http://www.rawip.org>   |