Re: pppd daemon dies is a permissions problem? failure

Sorry John I some how sent this 1st message toy ou instead of to the
list. I only realized it when the post didn't appear. My apologies.
Quoting John Hasler <john@dhh.gt.org>:

> J Y writes:
> > Thanks for the help and if anyone has any ideas I still will give it a
> > shot. I'm out of ideas.
>
> Run pppconfig as root to configure ppp.  Use pon to start the connection
> and poff to stop it.  If you require a GUI install gpppon.
> --

  I ran pppconfig in root account, there didn't seem to be a password in
the configuration I edited so I was hopeful. I entered the password I
use to login with my isp; saved the configuration and exited.
(Everything else in the highstream.net configuration was/is correct)

I typed pon highstream.net at a terminal/shell. The modem dialed; there
was no terminal output. I tried to use mozilla and just got that the
location couldn't be found. When I typed poff at the terminal the
terminal output was: "no pppd is running none stopped"

Anonymous Web Surfing http://www.snoopblocker.com
Search http://www.teradex.com