Re: pppd daemon dies is a permissions problem? failure

I never dreamed that this would be such a difficult problem.I added
myself to the dip group (perhaps I was already there because the number
beside my user name (in /etc/group)was 1000. Anyway I added myself to
pppusers and dialout too. And the very same message:
 "Can't open options file /etc/ppp/peers/highstream.net: Permission
 denied"  appears. I did a chown 777 on the whole string of files but
still the same error message. Yes I am discouraged. Thanks for the help
and if anyone has any ideas I still will give it a shot. I'm out of ideas.

Anonymous Web Surfing http://www.snoopblocker.com
Search http://www.teradex.com