Re: list mail filters: was Re: Wicked screensaver

On Thu, Sep 04, 2003 at 06:42:11PM +1000, Pascal Hakim wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 02, 2003 at 07:59:40PM -0600, Jacob Anawalt wrote:
> > I'm impressed that we didn't see more of a showing of Sobig.F on the
> > list. What mail rules are inplace other than Spamassasin, or is that
> > doing it all?
> >

> We've added a number of filters after watching what's gotten through.
> Currently, we have:
>
> pasc@murphy:/var/list/.etc$ wc -l rc.local.s10 rc.spam rc.virus
>      59 rc.local.s10
>     533 rc.spam
>     126 rc.virus
>     718 total
> pasc@murphy:/var/list/.etc$
>
> Once comments and whitespace are removed, we've still got over 400 lines
> worth of checks.

And while I'm there... some numbers of the stuff that didn't get through:

pasc@murphy:/var/list/junk/debian-user$ grep -c "^From " *2003-08
assassinated.2003-08:3449
crossassassinated.2003-08:701
killed-r0.2003-08:620
rcdotspam.2003-08:14
spamfiltered.2003-08:2
viruspam.2003-08:1690
pasc@murphy:/var/list/junk/debian-user$ grep -c "^From " *2003-09
assassinated.2003-09:213
crossassassinated.2003-09:82
killed-r0.2003-09:146
rcdotspam.2003-09:4
viruspam.2003-09:127
pasc@murphy:/var/list/junk/debian-user$

assassinated is the stuff that spamassassing caught.
viruspam is all the virus that were sent, and the anti-virus messages that
we caught.
The rest are the various anti-spam rules that we have...

Cheers,

Pasc
--
Pascal Hakim                                                     0411-283-060
                            "Do not bend."