From: Emma Jane Hogbin [mailto:emmajane@xtrinsic.com]
Sent: Wednesday, September 03, 2003 2:29 AM
To: debian-user
Subject: syntax highlighting in vim

Sometimes when I'm searching for strings in Vim the syntax highlighting
gets turned off. I'm unable to reset it unless I (1) quit the program;
(2)
scroll to the top of the page and then scroll back down.

Has anyone else experienced this problem? I'm using 6.1.474. It tends to
only happen with longer files. My current file is 1250Lines and is
technically [dos] format (although it's just a PHP file).

Any solutions would be much appreciated. The "switch to Emacs" type of
solution will be silently ignored. ;)

emma

--
Emma Jane Hogbin