how to use two HDDs in one external IEEE1394 case?

hi folx,

i just bought an external harddisk case from Roline (the one on the left in
http://shop.rotronic.ch/cgi-bin/rotronicsag.storefront/3f33bdd7018c19e4273fc38d5d5206b2/Ext/ProductDetail/16015202)
which is designed for two HDDs. after playing around with the modules, hotplug
and rescan-scs-bus.sh i'm able to access one HDD but i cannot detect/access the
second one. can anyone tell me what i have to do to get the second hdd to work?

please cc your responses to me as i'm not subscribed to the debian-user list.

thanks & have a nice day, f. soul

--
 /             \ 	GNU's not Unix