Re: Spamassassin and procmail

Kevin Buhr said on Mon, Aug 04, 2003 at 12:05:43PM -0700:
> The 2.55-3 source package builds fine on a vanilla Woody machine.  (In
> fact, the unstable "spamassassin" binary package would install fine on
> a vanilla Woody system, too, except it has an apparently unnecessary
> dependency on "spamc" which depends on the unstable C library.)

I wouldn't call spamc unnecessary;  spamassassin is a serious resource
consumer, and starting a new copy for every message is a pretty easy way to
crush your machine.  Running spamd, and using spamc from procmail is much much
lighter, and you're less likely to have 10 messages arrive at the same time and
DoS your mail server.