Re: Look at these update from M$ Corporation.

On Sun, Aug 03, 2003 at 12:35:25AM -0700, Steve Lamb wrote:
> On Sun, 3 Aug 2003 08:33:01 +0200
> David Fokkema <dfokkema@ileos.nl> wrote:
> > Then you send a _lot_ of e-mails. I can see C-R to be annoying for you.
>
>     Several hundred a month.
>
> > >     As I pointed out there are static, well known spammers.  I listed two
> > > that have been hitting my machine regulardly for days now.  I can add
> > > another: jhogulhr.com
>
> > Yes, but would they actually _reply_ to a challenge? In John's case, it
> > is a PITA, since _he_ would receive the challenges, not the spammer.
>
>     Why not?  Didn't Alan just boast that it was child's play for him to help
> a non-profit to set up an autoresponder to C-R?  What makes it any less
> child's play for a static spammer to do the exact same thing?

It is child's play. However, there are very, very few spammers doing
this for various reasons. See, e.g.

http://tmda.net/faq.cgi?req=show&file=faq01.001htp

> > No, of course not. You can configure your C-R system any way you like
> > it. For example, from every mail you send the To: address will be
> > stripped and added if it's not in the whitelist.
>
>     How?  That's what you're missing.  How would I add those things?  I would
> have to do it manually somehow.

TMDA integrates with your mail server. It sees mails which go out. If
_you_ configure it that way, it is done automagically. Furthermore, tmda
can use a feature called 'dating' addresses, which basically enables
people to reply to you from whatever e-mail address they want to use.
See the FAQ for that.

David