Re: VIM - no syntax highlighting on console

On Sat, 02 Aug 2003 22:20:06 +0200
Jaque Moreau <mr.wimpy@firemail.de> wrote:

> there is no syntax highlighting on console, only under xterm.
>
> syntax on is enabled in global vimrc.
>
> where should I dig further?
>
> what information do you need?

In command mode (in VI), type ":syntax on" and see if that fixes it. I would suppose, if it does, that either the global vimrc does not set it on, or it is set off by another config file somewhere.

It should not be an issue of the console supporting color, because it works for me without any kind of framebuffer, etc.
--
-johann koenig
now playing: Mass Hysteria - Please Please Please