Re: Look at these update from M$ Corporation.

On Sat, Aug 02, 2003 at 11:52:30AM -0500, Michael D. Schleif wrote:
> Also sprach David Fokkema (Sat 02 Aug 02003 at 05:20:34PM +0200):
> >
> <snip />
>
> > What did people think about the debian mailing lists subscription
> > mechanism?
>
> Mailing list subscription is an entirely different animal.  It is in my
> best interest that the mailing list confirms that I truly do want to
> subscribe to the list.  Otherwise, you can subscribe me to lists that may
> inconvenience me, embarrass me, or simply deluge me with list email ;<

A very good point. Forgot about that...

> Notice, that this inconvenience is in my best interest.  I accept this,
> because it is in my interest to do so.

Agreed.

> I have no such interest in your c-r system; nor, do I find any personal
> gain in you assuming me to be a spammer -- it is rude, crass and simply
> a convenience to you . . .

Well... that somewhat naive part of me was kinda hoping that you would
happily respond to a system that was actively trying to inconvenience
spammers and reduce the usefullness of spam itself. That part was
thinking that you would not object to the inconvenience because you
would feel that you were actively supporting a system that is crippling
spam. Maybe you would think that it was not the right approach, but you
would reply all the same, happy to know that the receiver was fighting spam.

David