Re: Look at these update from M$ Corporation.

On Fri, 1 Aug 2003 19:55:54 +0200, David Fokkema <dfokkema@ileos.nl> said:

> On Fri, Aug 01, 2003 at 07:48:36AM -0500, John Hasler wrote:
>> Colin Watson writes:
>> > Yup. For example, I can guarantee you that the people operating
>> > the Debian bug tracking system don't always bother to respond to
>> > "challenges".
>>
>> And I can guarantee you that I will never respond to "challenges".

> Why?

	Because we chose not to? Because we have objections in
 principle to people offloading their spam fighting effort to innocent
 correspondents? Because I have better things to do than to beg and
 plead for my answers to be heard by people who asked for help in the
 first place?

> If you send mail directly to a person, off-list, in private, why not
> respond to his challenge? In any decent MUA, you just have to hit
> 'r'.

	Right. Just like you just have to hit `d' in order to not read
 spam. Not an effort I am interested in undertaking -- the fact that I
 bothered to reply is often about as much altruism I am willing to
 indulge in.

	manoj
--
Deadwood, n.: Anyone in your company who is more senior than you are.