Re: Look at these update from M$ Corporation.

On Thu, 31 Jul 2003 16:57:30 -0700, Alan Connor <alanconnor@earthlink.net> said:

> If any mail comes to me from an email address or domain that isn't
> on my pass list, it goes to /dev/null and an auto-response is sent
> to whatever return address the sender supplied.

> It asks them to re-send the mail including a password on the subject
> line and insists that they use it with the same address used to
> acquire it.

> Obviously, if the address is invalid, they never get the reply.

	Hopefully, then, you don't need any answers I may send out
 privately, since I send all such resent requests to the bit
 bucket. _That_ is the problem with this approach -- you are actively
 deciding to forego any unexpected email coming from people who are
 not on your OK list. Participating on a public forum like this
 mailing list or USENET also exposes one to unexpected correspondence
 off channel -- and I have had conversation that I would not have
 liked to have missed.

	If you do not care, then well, only listening to mail from
 people you already know is good enough.

	For me, that is unacceptable degradation of my online experi

	manoj
--
Be security conscious -- National defense is at stake.