Re: Look at these update from M$ Corporation.

> From cjwatson@debian.org Fri Aug  1 02:29:38 2003
>

> On Fri, Aug 01, 2003 at 01:36:14AM -0500, Jesse Meyer wrote:
> > On Thu, 31 Jul 2003, Alan Connor wrote:
> > > Spam is UCE (unsolicited commercial email) and stopping it can only
> > > be done with a Challenge-Response mail program, such as the one I
> > > put together. There isn't ANY other approach that works.
> >
> > Spam tends to be an automated, bulk emailing of addresses, but not all
> > automated, bulk emailing of addresses are spam.
>
> Yup. For example, I can guarantee you that the people operating the
> Debian bug tracking system don't always bother to respond to
> "challenges". If people don't want BTS mail, that's their problem; we
> don't have time to babysit that sort of thing.
>
> --
> Colin Watson                                  [cjwatson@flatline.org.uk]

It's getting late :-)

I should have added that  debian.org is on my pass list. The domain name.

Anyone mailing me from any address there wouldn't even know I was running
a C-R system.

I have in fact been  mailed several times by  various folks at

bugs.debian.org, Rob McQueen <robot101@debian.org> among them.

Alan

--
      For Linux/Bash users: Eliminate spam with the Mailbox-Sentry-Program.
         See: http://tinyurl.com/inpd  for the scripts and docs.