Re: Linux firewall vs Windows and Hardware based firewalls

On 31 Jul 2003, Ron Johnson wrote:

..

> My neighbor is a network administrator for a *large* Windows site
> (10,000+ PCs), and he told me that the mail and firewall servers
> had bad stability problems until he stuffed them full of RAM.

my interpretation would be...

it says that windoze has a virtual memory management problem
if adding more real memory makes it more stable
	- one doesnt always have the luxury of adding or max'ing
	out the memory slots and capacity of the servers ...

c ya
alvin