Re: Autoinstall.

Hi William,

On Thu, 1 May 2003 21:36:22 +0200, William Fletcher wrote:
> The company I work for is looking for a way to install debian
> machines from cd (no floppies), with a specific setup, without internet
> access (the machines will however still be on a network).

Maybe 'fai' (apt-cache show fai) is what you are looking for. It is
basically network based but AFAIK someone managed to create an automatic
installation only with CDs. Or you could create a local debian
repository from CDs on a computer in you're local network.

> And, they need specific files which aren't in .debs.

In the automatical installation process you can easily install
additional files without the need to put them in debs first.

> Could anyone please point me in the right direction?

HTH,

Frederik

--
Encrypted email preferred. PGP-KeyID: 0x9B4B9B32
My key is available from the keyservers or at