Re: CPU recommendations *avoid Intel-Shite*

Hi Yall & Ron,

who typed,

<snip>

On Sat, 2003-05-03 at 19:18, Jamin W. Collins wrote:
On Sun, May 04, 2003 at 11:14:23AM +1200, Haralambos Geortgilakis wrote:

A couple of days back, I did some research, since a good geek friend
of mine, was upgrading to nforce2 & I was concerned about Tuxian
support.  At the OS & drive level, Nvidia have released binary/closed
source drivers for the onboard sound & lan gear, which seems easy
enough to install, judging by the instructions.... But I dunno, cause
I do not have such a beastie. Anyone who runs such a kit & has been
following this thread, may like to comment on this-please?
Runs just fine.  I have two systems (SN41G2 from Shuttle) here based on
the nforce2 chipset and ethernet and audio work just fine.  You don't
have to use nVidia's driver for audio as the intel8x0 alsa driver works
fine (at least on my systems).

Just to verify that I'm not blowing smoke out my arse, what *do* you
need the nForce2 binary drivers for?

<snip>

click hereabouts & have wee read....

http://www.nvidia.com/view.asp?IO=linux_nforce_1.0-0248

know what I mean?

*HTH*

Greek Geek  :-)

We won't be pushed out of the ring by a Sumo wrestler - AMD's Jerry Sanders III