Re: Only root can run X

Mike wrote:

Help with a new user account.
I've added a new user but I can't log the user in from kdm. When I try to log the user in through the kdm the screen blanks starts to load X and returns me back to the login.

I can log the user into the shell just fine, but when I startx the screen flash and the X server dies saying somehting about no .Xauthority file found. I looked in root's home dir and did not see any .Xauthority (root works by the way, I can log in and startx and kde just fine. But onl y as root).

What do I need to do to have the other users be able to use X?

Mike M.

Check /etc/X11/Xwrapper.config. If it says "allowed_users=root", change it to "allowed_users=console".

--
Kent