Re: gnome 2.2 post-install: icon theme doesn't load, theme-manager segfaults

On Tue, Apr 01, 2003 at 08:35:10PM -0500, Chris Metzler wrote:
> I've run into some minor glitches, but there are two of especial note.  The
> first is that upon startup, the default icon theme doesn't appear to load.
> Instead, in nautilus windows and on the desktop, the same icon (a sheet of
> paper) is used for *everything* -- files of any type, directories, whatever.

I had that once, the following should fix it:
gconftool-2 -t string --set /desktop/gnome/interface/icon_theme gnome

You can see the result by executing gconf-editor, then go to the above
path (ie: /desktop/gnome/...) on the tree pane.

Oki