Re: Help with DRM / DRI on Matrox G400

csj@mindgate.net wrote:
On Sun, 30 Mar 2003 20:22:12 -0800,
Paul Mackinney wrote:

briand@aracnet.com declaimed:

"Paul" == Paul Mackinney <paul_mackinney@mackinney.net> writes:

 Paul> I don't have a device /dev/dri/card0. Am I supposed to be
 Paul> running devfs?  Kernel config shows

 Paul> $ grep DEVFS config-2.4.20-k6 CONFIG_DEVFS_FS=y #
 Paul> CONFIG_DEVFS_MOUNT is not set # CONFIG_DEVFS_DEBUG is not set

You need that card device:

~ $ ls -ld /dev/dri
drwxr-xr-x    2 root     root         4096 Jan 22 14:10 /dev/dri
~ $ ls -l /dev/dri
total 0
crw-rw-rw-    1 root     video    226,   0 Jan 22 14:10 card0

Sorry but I didn't see the start of the thread.  Another
thing you will also need is agp support (agpgart).

be sure and load the agpgart module _before_ starting X.

Brian

starting X, the device node was created somehow, and DRI is
K6-III/450 to play DVDs, though :-(

This should be more than enough to play DVD's with mplayer. What
player are you using? The DRI is a bonus. I think what you're
looking for is simply the X Video Extension (xv). I've only
recently enabled DRI on one computer with a Radeon VE, but have
been able to watch videos of various formats at decent frame
rates for the past two years or so.

Hi!
Sorry for butting in but I'm wondering if you are using the Matrox supplied drivers for the G400 or not?

--
Last time I had intimate contact with another human being was rather a
painful experience... I rather liked it... ;)