Re: cdrdao / ide-scsi problem

On Wed, 2 Apr 2003 16:56, David Fokkema wrote:

> > I think you might need to setuid cdrdao
> >
> > hth
> > Bob
>
> If there is any other way, I'd rather not do that, :-)

I'm no expert really, and maybe there is some other permissions problem going
on, but I observe that with a default Debian Woody install that cdrecord is
setuid. Afaik that is because it needs to lock some memory when it starts.

I'm guessing that cdrdao might have the same need.

There are of course very serious objections to setuid on a script but a
compiled program is a different matter.

Why not try it? You can always remove the flag immediately afterward.

Bob