Re: how to install Gnome?? xfree 4.??

Hi, the version of Xfree that I installed is the
stock version that comes with the debian 3.0 r1
CDs. I assume it is 4.1.?? and I just want to
install the stock version of gnome that comes
with the debian 3.0 r1 CDs. I'm not even sure
what version it is, I am assuming it is version
2.??
What packages for Gnome did you install to get
Gnome up and running? Is gnome-core the only one?
or are there other dependencies?

Thanks!!!

Jim

>Hi,
>A word of caution( i might be wrong but that's
my
>experience), i am very new to linux/gnome i
tried

--- Xucaen <xucaen@yahoo.com> wrote:
>> I am very confused.
>> I had thought that installing Gnome on top of
>> woody 3.0 r1 would be as easy as "apt-get
>install
>> gnome" but apparently not. I have read some
>> things that made my head spin. so here I am.
>>
>> I did a dist-upgrade using my new woody 3.0 r1
>> CD's (upgraded from a potato 2.2 r3)
everything
>> seemed to install fine.. Now all I need to
know
>> is:
>>
>> a) what packages I need to install to get
gnome