Re: how to install Gnome?? xfree 4.??

Hi,
A word of caution( i might be wrong but that's my
experience), i am very new to linux/gnome i tried
installing 2.2 on woody 3.0r1/xfree86 4.3.0, it got
into eternal unresolvable conflicts with the versions
i.e some package is expecting > and other expecting <
of the same package. i think something with
gnome-core, when i installed 1.4.2 everything went
well and is works fine.
thanks
Srini