Re: X screen shifts right !!.

> I'm having an irritating problem with Debian 3.0 on Intel.  I'm using
> olvwm on top of XFree86 Version 4.1.0.1.  (it is over 12 months old).
> Hardware is on board Trident Microsystems CyberBlade/i1 (rev 0).
>
> Machine runs fine, just a standard install, nothing special.  However
> from time to time (and I suspect it's xscreensaver related) I am unable
> to move the mouse cursor to the far left of the screen (about 5%), I can
> move it to the far right, in fact it goes off the edge of the visible
> area.  Top to bottom is all fine.

I've seen this before.  Not exactly the same, but very similar.  It was
a particular batch of #9 S3 based cards that had this problem.  (This was
a good 5 years ago or more, I don't have the cards anymore and this was
long before XFree86 4.0).  Switching from graphics to text mode and back
would sometimes solve the problem.  Sometimes it would lock up the machine.

I never found a permanent solution.

Anyway, have you tried toggling the SWcursor option in your XF86Config-4?

Eric