Re: Laptop's power button made to suspend?
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: Laptop's power button made to suspend?
- From: "Eduardo Duenez" <email@example.com>
- Date: Tue, 4 Mar 2003 15:54:53 -0500
- Message-id: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- References: <email@example.com>
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Thanks for all your replies. I've installed ACPI and it indeed my
BIOS seems to be new enough to support it ;-)
"Eduardo Duenez" <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote in message
> Is it possible to configure my Woody laptop so if the power button
> is pressed (say, by mistake) then the laptop only goes into suspend
> mode rather than just turning immediately and forcefully? Or at
> least to make it shutdown cleanly? I've played with other people's
> laptops (running Windoze) and it works more or less as follows:
> just pressing the power button equals suspend, and holding it down
> for a second or two really equals shutting down forcefully. Would
> be nice to emulate this behavior...
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: PGP 7.0.4
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----