Re: New Cups printer problem

On Sat, Mar 01, 2003 at 03:15:55PM -0600, Donald Spoon wrote:
> Thomas H. George,,, wrote:
> >Printer is an HP DeckJet 940C
> >Driver is Foomatic-hpijs downloaded from www.linuxprinting.org
> >
> >A print test from localhost:631 or from kde prints nothing.
> >
> >cat printtest.txt > /dev/lp0 prints the simple text file though it must
> >be manually ejected.
> >
> >less /var/log/cups/error_log ends in multiple lines of
> >"get-printer-attrs: resource name '/printers/Mail PDF' no good!"
> >
> >Background:  System is Woody with 2.4.18 kernel.
> >dpkg -l |grep cups and dpkg -l |grep foomatic show  the following
> >packages installed (ii):
> >
> >   cupsomatic-ppd
> >   cupsys
> >   cupsys-bsd
> >   cupsys-client
> >   cupsys-pstoraster
> >   kdelibs3-cups
> >   libcupsys2
> >   libcupsys2-dev
> >   foomatic-bin
> >   foomatic-db
> >
> >As usual, I seem to have overlooked something, but what?
> >
> >Tom George
> >

> Stupid question I know, but do you have the "hpijs" package installed?
> I think it is required with that PPD...  You also need GS, but that will
> automatically be pulled in if you have the hpijs file installed.
>
> -Don Spoon-

Details, details, details.  It is always the details that kill you.  I
must have once know that the hpijs package is required as the printer
was working before a hard drive crash made it necessary to re-install
everything.  At any rate, I installed it and the printer is working
perfectly.  Thank you,

Tom George