Re: ICQ behind router/firewall [SOLVED]

On Sat, Mar 01, 2003 at 09:01:43AM -0800, Leo Spalteholz wrote:
> On February 28, 2003 11:09 pm, ScruLoose wrote:

> > Well, I went to apt-get.org and found a place to get Licq as a
> > .deb, and it works like a charm, straight outta the box.  I still
> > wouldn't mind knowing what caused the other clients' issues, but
> > it's not a priority at this point.
>
> Why did you need to go to apt-get.org?  Licq is in the official
> sources.  Has been for ages.

Very strange. I *did* think it was a bit odd that I couldn't find it
with my usual sources. The sources in my /etc/apt/sources.list are:

deb http://http.us.debian.org/debian stable main contrib non-free
deb http://non-us.debian.org/debian-non-US stable/non-US main contrib non-free
deb http://security.debian.org/ stable/updates main contrib non-free

and using "/" to search in dselect I didn't see licq...  so I shrugged,
said "what do *I* know about what's official?" went to
apt-get.org, ended up getting licq from:

deb http://debian.ipsyn.net/debian woody ipsyn

If it actually exists at those official sites, maybe I didn't search
carefully enough the first time. Maybe I'll have to start moving away
from dselect and into apt-get & friends...

	Cheers
	-Chris