Re: Gimp Print Problem

On Sun, Feb 02, 2003 at 03:42:10PM -0500, Thomas H. George wrote:
> My error, didn't read carefully.  The entry
>
> 	text/plain			txt printable(0,1024)
>
> is in /etc/cups/mime.types.  I have restored the original version of
> mime.convs which I saved before editing.
>
> Frustrating.  It seems like everything is in order.

Yes. A few other thoughts:

You could check /etc/printcap.cups and other config file in
/etc/cups to see if any thing looks wrong.

Run debsums against various cupsys, gs-esp, and gimpprint packages to
check if there is corruption in any installed file.

Also, look at your printtest file with bvi or a different binary file editor
and see if there is anything strange about it.

Another possibility is the Epson 860 has both a parallel and usb
port. If you have a parallel printer cable you could try connecting it
via the parallel port, reinstall or reconfigure the printer with cups,
and see if problems persist.

--
Jerome