Re: Desktop environment---what am I missing?

On Sat, Feb 01, 2003 at 04:54:02PM -0800, nate wrote:

> full IMAP support -

TMK, it has it.  At least I haven't found anything I needed that it
doesn't have.

> be able to view multiple folders at once(to see which has new mail),

You can configure multiple mailboxes in mutt and it will let you know
which ones have new mail.  You can even cycle through the boxes with new
mail.

> mail filtering via IMAP(detect new mail in inbox, move it to another
> folder, all my email is stored on the IMAP server, which is on
> a server I own & operate so I don't have to be concerned about quotas
> or disk space issues). I used this feature for my work email, for
> home I rarely use it at all.

Why not filter at the server level?

> provide easy way to change my from: email address(I suppose I
> could type it in..) I have about 15 email addresses that I use
> on a regular basis, and another 15 that are less regular, in
> squirrelmail theres a little dropdown box at the top where I can
> choose the email address I want to use.

Mutt has hooks that can be configured to automatically change your
address as needed.

> support IMAP over SSL(not needed with webmail but it's what I used
> in netscape and mozilla). I suppose I could work around this with
> stunnel ..haven't tried though.

Mutt's got it.

> there's probably a couple other things I can't think of at the moment,
> the general interface to mutt wasn't very flexible when dealing with
> multiple IMAP folders last time I tried it,

I routinely check several different boxes with Mutt.

--
Jamin W. Collins