Re: gnomemeeting/kde madness

On Sat, Feb 01, 2003 at 12:27:02 +0000, Colin Watson wrote:
> On Sat, Feb 01, 2003 at 01:14:00PM +0100, Alain Van der Eycken wrote:
> > I'm using debian sarge, and am trying to install gnomemeeting using
> > apt-get Apt-get however insists on deleting everything related to kde
> > before it wants to install the necessary libs for gnomemeeting.
>
> This is due to the libfam0/libfam0c102 mess,

For those who don't track sid, this has to do with sid's transition to gcc
3.2 as the default compiler.

> which hasn't been resolved yet. You're not using sarge, you're using sid:
> unstable lives up to its name.

Indeed. For completeness sake, I just verified (using pbuilder) that
gnomemeeting and the various KDE apps Alain mentioned live happily together
in sarge (testing).

Ray
--
Subtlety is fine. It might warrant a comment, though.
	Linus Torvalds