From: Dave Selby [mailto:dave_arahan@yahoo.co.uk]
Sent: 01 February 2003 11:01
To: dave_arahan@yahoo.co.uk; Debian
Subject: A more detailed posting ....

I re-configured my computer and installed 2 copies of woody on different
partitions,
all AOK. One for experimenting on, the other for work and serious stuff.

I enabled dial on demand, and generally set up the system. I then tryed to
udate
my system via apt-get. To start with there were 88 upgrades, it upgraded 84
of them
perfectly, the remaining 4 are a nightmare. They just will not load on
either
system.

I have tried downloading at different times, downing my firewall, even
changing
my isp from NTL to virgin. The problem persists...

My /etc/apr/sources.list contains ...

deb cdrom:[Debian GNU/Linux 3.0 r0 _Woody_ - Official i386 Binary-1
(20020720)]/ unstable contrib main non-US/contrib non-US/main

deb http://security.debian.org/ woody/updates main contrib non-free
deb http://security.debian.org/debian-non-US stable/non-US main contrib
non-free

which I believe is pretty average. As an extra note, before my re-config I
sucessfully downloaded all the updates AOK.

I have tried to download approx 25+ times, its not a one off problem

Is anyone else having this problem ?
Is there a problem with the server ?
Any idea what to do ?
ANY help much appreciated, I am totaly out of ideas !!

Many thanks in advance
Dave

One of many failed attempts .....

test@debian:~$ su
Password:
debian:/home/test# apt-get clean
debian:/home/test# apt-get update
Hit http://security.debian.org woody/updates/main Packages
Hit http://security.debian.org woody/updates/main Release
Hit http://security.debian.org woody/updates/contrib Packages
Hit http://security.debian.org woody/updates/contrib Release
Hit http://security.debian.org woody/updates/non-free Packages
Hit http://security.debian.org woody/updates/non-free Release
Hit http://security.debian.org stable/non-US/main Packages
Hit http://security.debian.org stable/non-US/main Release
Hit http://security.debian.org stable/non-US/contrib Packages
Hit http://security.debian.org stable/non-US/contrib Release
Hit http://security.debian.org stable/non-US/non-free Packages
Hit http://security.debian.org stable/non-US/non-free Release
Reading Package Lists... Done
Building Dependency Tree... Done
debian:/home/test#
debian:/home/test# apt-get upgrade --fix-missing
Reading Package Lists... Done
Building Dependency Tree... Done
4 packages upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0  not upgraded.
Need to get 10.5MB of archives. After unpacking 69.6kB will be used.
Do you want to continue? [Y/n]
Get:1 http://security.debian.org woody/updates/main konsole 4:2.2.2-14.2
[458kB]
Get:2 http://security.debian.org woody/updates/main konqueror 4:2.2.2-14.2