Re: initrd -- what exactly is it?

    "Pigeon" == jah pigeon <Pigeon> writes:

    Pigeon> On Fri, Jan 31, 2003 at 05:34:59PM -0600, Shyamal Prasad
    Pigeon> wrote:
    >> You can use 'mount -t cramfs -o loop /mnt intrd.img.file.path'
    >> to look into an initrd image. You will find it quite
    >> instructive I'm sure.

    Pigeon> The rescue disks appear to use an initrd in 'root.bin'
    Pigeon> which isn't cramfs... at least the above doesn't work, nor
    Pigeon> does -t auto. Any idea what type this is? My curiosity has
    Pigeon> been aroused!

I don't know what it is if it is not cramfs. But I presume you
corrected the "obvious" error in the command above where I had the
order of /mnt and initrd.img.file.path reversed.

Now you've got my curiousity aroused too, I'll see if I can figure
this out, or some one else can give us an answer. It's late, and I've
had one to many drinks down in Deep Ellum.....