Re: XF86Config -> XF86COnfig-4 converter?

on Fri, Jan 31, 2003 at 03:12:14PM -0500, Narins, Josh (josh.narins@lehman.com) wrote:

> Hello Gentle Debian Users;
>
> 	I'm running a chroot sid on a long-running stable box, and it works
> well, except X (heh).
>
> 	Perhaps there will be other issues, but the main problem is that I
> don't have a good XF86Config-4 for the newer X11 4.x.x in sid.
>
> 	And I do have a good XF86Config for X11 3.3.6, hence the subject
> line.
>
> 	Any pointers?

I'd just install xserver-xfree86 and walk through the configuration (you
can rerun it with 'dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xfree86').  It's pretty
foolproof.  And it doesn't overwrite your existing v3 config file.
Version 4 uses /etc/X11/XF86Config-4.

Peace.

   LNX-BBC:  Bootable GNU/Linux -- Don't leave /home without it.
     http://www.lnx-bbc.org/