Re: Quicky about acroread...

ZephyrQ <ZephyrQ@att.net> writes:

> 	I haven't found a .deb for acroread, Acrobat's linux version of their
> .pdf reader.  Does one exist?  I realize it isn't free, but I also
> cannot get xpdf and/or ghostview to deal with passworded pdf files (as
> sent to me by my wife's student loan people...)

I have the package installed and it still shows up with apt-cache... I
s'pose that still doesn't mean that it's available anymore.

I know I saw some links to unofficial acroread packages at

http://www.apt-get.org

You might want to try there.

> 	I've dled the tarball, but can I install it without screwing something
> in my woody system? (aka, apt?)

If you decide to do this, You should probably make sure you install it
in /usr/local which is, AFAIK, the designated place to put apps that you
don't install with the package management system.