Re: CVS Attic question

At 12:41 Uhr -0500 07.01.2003, Matthew Daubenspeck wrote:
I am using the woody release of CVS and I have two quick questions
regarding setup.

Is there a way to disable CVS using the "Attic"? When files are
removed, I wish they would be deleted instead of moved.

Not that I know of. (But why would you want that?)

How can I enable a nightly tar/compress of the entire cvsroot?

Put a script into /etc/cron.daily/ or see man crontab

Script contents for example:

#!/bin/sh
mkdir -p /root/Backups/
tar czf /root/Backups/cvs-"`date -R`".tgz /var/lib/cvs

(untested)

Chj