Re: hard drive partitioning questions

On Tuesday 31 December 2002 01:12 pm, Nori Heikkinen wrote:
> thanks to all who responded -- this has been immensely useful.  right
> now i'm thinking:

> - i don't think i need a /usr/local, as i don't think i usually
>   download and compile a lot from non-debian sources ... but i might
>   be wrong on that one.  what do most people have in theirs?

/usr/local is good for non Debian or non free software, yes there is such a
thing :) I use /usr/local to store VM's for VMware so mine is quite large and
a separate hd. I happen to like Opera as a browser, it goes there... whatever
app that doesn't get re-installed by an upgrade/install of Debian is a good
candidate for /usr/local/.
--
Greg Madden