Re: VESA X-server for debian 3.0

On Tuesday 31 December 2002 02:50 pm, Larry Hunsicker wrote:
> Thanks to Marc Wilson for his suggestion.  But we can't find the vesa
> X-server in the Debian package list.  What should we be looking for?
>
> Again, thanks in advance for any help that you can give me.
>
> Larry Hunsicker

In Woody,Xfree86 v4.x the xservers are all in one package, xserver-xfree86.
You can reconfigure the package with: 'dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xfree86'  and
select the appropriate drivers from a list during config, there are vga &
vesa choices. In xfree86 v3.x the servers are separate packages.
--
Greg Madden